Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ibracadabra



I managed to wake up in time to catch the Barcelona vs. Real Madrid classico and Zlatan Inrahimovic's sick goal, in the 51st minute, that gave the Blaugrana's the win and placed them atop the table.

I must admit that as much as I like the Swede I have not been able to follow his exploits as I had done so when he had signed for Juventus in the 04/05 season. It was a squad which I thought was going to be one of the best teams ever.

Juve had Fabio Capello as coach, Buffon at goal, Fabio Cannavaro guiding the defense, Patrick Vieira comanding the midfield with an on-form Pavel Nedved, along with an always dangerous Alessandro Del Piero up top.

Sadly, that Juventus squad, however, was dismanteled and the club relegated to second division, Serie B, because of match fixing scandals. Ibra then moved to Internazionale Milan and I lost contact with him. While Zlatan continued to dominate the Serie A he has not been able to do the same in the Champions League. That should no longer be the case as Zlatan will be looked upon to help Barcelona retain their Champions League title.

No comments:

Post a Comment