Monday, February 15, 2010

OWNAGE



The only words I can think of when speaking about Cruz Azul are Epic Fail. While I am a faithful to my beloved Chivas I have always been quite intrigued by the Cement Mixers which come across as the working mans team.

I followed the club in their 01 Copa Libertadores campaign which ended in a penalty kick shoot out against South American giants Boca Jrs. This is the first and only time I have wanted a Mexican club, aside from Chivas, to win the tourney. That is no longer the case.

In the years since I have witnessed some Epic Fails from Cruz Azul which I would say overall deserved better luck. And the clubs recent failures which now accumulate to three league finals lost in a row since the Clausura 2008 season are anything but depressing.

Making matters worse is the continual OWNAGE the club has to endure at the hands of cross town rivals America. Usually, winning a derby can serve as consolation for not winning the league title but Cruz Azul can't even achieve that!

1 comment:

  1. That is not a derby. Don't believe everything to hear on Mexican tv. Just another game.

    ReplyDelete